- SELTA members shortlisted for Petrona Award
The shortlist for the Petrona Award 2017 for the Best Scandinavian Crime Novel of the Year includes The Dying Detective by Leif G.W. Persson and The Wednesday Club by Kjell Westö, both translated by Neil Smith, and The Bird Tribunal by Agnes Ravatn translated from Norwegian by Rosie Hedger. Congratulations to all the shortlisted authors and translators. Read on for the full list.
- LONDON BOOK FAIR APPROACHES
This year's London Book Fair will be held on 14-16 March 2017. Read on...
- Nordic Council Literature Prize 2017 nominees announced
The shortlist for the 2017 Nordic Council Literature Prize has been announced today. Sweden's nominees are poet Ann Jäderlund and writer Birgitta Lillpers. Åland's nominee is Johanna Boholm, while Finland-Swedish poet Tomas Mikael Bäck also takes one of Finland's nominations. Congratulations to all! See the full shortlist here.
- 2016 August Prizewinners announcedNamed after August Strindberg, Sweden's August Prize is awarded by the Swedish Publishers’ Association for the best Swedish books of the year. This year's awards were announced at a gala night at the end of November.
- Roundup of Swedish and Nordic Authors at 2016 Edinburgh Book Festival
The Edinburgh International Book Festival programme for 2016 features a number of Swedish language writers, as well as a significant number of other Nordic authors. Tickets go on sale on 21 June and can be booked via the festival's website.
- SELTA was founded in 1982. Its aims are to promote the publication of Swedish and Finland-Swedish literature in English and to represent translators’ interests. For more information about SELTA, visit the About SELTA page.
- Interested in becoming a SELTA member? Visit the Join SELTA page to find out more.
- Want to find some good Swedish books in English translation? The Books page lists the latest translations by SELTA members.
- For articles, reviews and translated extracts of Swedish literature, visit the Swedish Book Review website.